We know trip planning can be overwhelming. It’s often hard to even know where to start. But we’re here to help with these destination itineraries for the very trips we’ve personally gone on and written in depth about here on Luxe Adventure Traveler.
Use our trip itineraries with an easy day-by-day breakdown of where to stay, where to eat, what to do and more. With the perfect blend of luxury and adventure (and of course, wine – there’s always wine), Luxe Adventure Traveler itineraries include the best adventures and experiences in a destination while ensuring you comfort and a bit of pampering.
These itineraries have taken the hassle out of trip planning and are all designed for destinations and experiences we have enjoyed (and highly recommend) first hand. Just find your flights, follow our itinerary to book your hotels and activities, and enjoy your independent adventure.
36 Hours In Itineraries
Have just one night to spend in your destination? We’ve got you covered with the must-see sights, best places to eat and where to stay to make the most of your short visit with our 36 Hours In…itineraries.
- 36 Hours in Cambridge, England
- 36 Hours in Honfleur, France
- 36 Hours in Lake Bled, Slovenia
- 36 Hours in Regensburg, Germany
- 36 Hours in Venice, Italy
The Perfect 3-Day Getaway Itineraries
The average American gets just 10 days of paid time off per year. Though researchers say that 8 days is the ideal vacation length, you shouldn’t wait months to take a vacation. It’s kind of like binge sleeping or binge eating – it’s actually not that restorative or fulfilling.
Researchers also say that taking just one Friday or Monday off of work can be just as beneficial for your mental health as taking an entire week off. Take several short vacations to feel more restored all year round. Three-day vacations are less stressful to plan, easier to find the time for, and aren’t such a big expense as spending on one or two week long vacations a year. Plus, you have more vacations to look forward to.
We maximized our paid vacation time and long holiday weekends for years when we worked at our traditional jobs. We’d compare our companies’ calendars for paid holidays (hello, free vacation days!) and plan three-day getaways for nearly all the long weekends we got off. So grab those calendars and start planning. Where should you go on a short getaway? It should ideally be somewhere you can get to in just a couple of hours so that not all of your time is spent traveling to and from your destination.
Our The Perfect 3-Day Getaway itineraries are designed to help you see the best sights, eat at the must-visit restaurants and stay at the best centrally located hotels to make the most of a long weekend away.
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Biarritz, France
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Bordeaux, France
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Bristol, England
- The Perfect 3-Day Yacht Charter Getaway in Ibiza, Spain
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Jebel Akhdar, Oman
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Málaga, Spain
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Nairobi, Kenya
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in NYC
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Northern Ireland
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in North Wales, UK
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Pittsburgh, PA
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Saint-Émilion
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in the San Juan Islands, Washington
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- The Perfect 3-Day Getaway in Toulouse, France
- The Perfect 3-Day Winter Getaway in Zermatt, Switzerland
You work hard all year. Don’t let those vacation days go to waste, especially if you’re among the lucky Americans that actually receive the benefit of paid time off.
According to research published in the Journal of Happiness Studies, eight days is the ideal length for a vacation. You have time to get to more far-flung destinations, unpack, unwind, and get settled in to a more relaxed routine than that of your normal work week. The study found travelers have increased feelings of happiness over the first couple of days, but those vibes plateau after the eighth day.
Ready to reap the psychological rewards of a vacation away from the office? Our 1-Week Itineraries are designed to help you plan your trip with multiple stops within a country in order to maximize your vacation time.
- 8-Day Marrakech and Sahara Luxury Adventure
- Iceland’s Ring Road in 1-Week
- 1-Week Santorini Wine Adventure